The OAS Series 606 Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) module is the ideal device for aerial firefighting operations. The Series 606 ATU records fire attack data and sends it to a remote portal via Blue Sky Network’s SkyRouter Automated Flight Following software. The device features a light-weight, low-profile, and durable design to support airframe-mounted water tank or water bucket operations.
USFS 2018 regulations required firefighting helicopters to collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an AFF device. This will require firefighting aircraft to report certain data in the AFF format, including: tank or bucket openings and closings; gallons filled and gallons dropped; and events with GPS data—time, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, and heading.
The 606 ATU is compliant with the U.S. Forest Service’s (USFS) ATU requirements and is also engineered to meet DO-160 environmental regulations. Combine this with 100 percent global coverage, satellite voice, and two-way messaging for a complete solution to improve safety and reliability during forest fire season.
- Easy-to-install, portable operation
- Interfaces with aircraft installed AFF System via RS-232
- Seamlessly integrates with the SkyRouter fleet tracking portal
- Obtain critical ATU mission data for more efficient aerial firefighting
- DO-160G compliant (environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment)
- Dimensions: 161 mm x 149 mm x 60 mm
- Weight: 426 g
- Operating Temperature: -45°C to +70°C
- I/O & Power Interface: 28V DC
- Aerial firefighting (fixed and rotary)