Blue Sky Network’s HawkEye Portable Tracker Plus (HEPT ) is a GPS Tracking device that provides dual-mode connectivity and harnesses the power of the Iridium Satellite network and GSM satellite tracking to ensure the safety and constant communication of fleets or persons dispersed in remote locations while providing cost-efficient data service. When used in combination with SkyRouter, the HawkEye PT Plus offers portable tracking and fleet management of any aviation, land and marine asset – in real-time from anywhere in the world with pole-to-pole coverage. The HawkEye PT Plus (HEPT ) utilizes GPS tracking to locate the exact position of fleets and two-way SMS and free form messaging to allow users to remain in constant contact with command centers. Device control is now made easy with the integration of a new touchscreen interface.
With SkyRouter, assets using the HawkEye PT Plus (HEPT ) can be tracked and managed via multiple maps per screen utilizing both road and aerial views. The trip playback feature also makes route planning more efficient and allows the tracking data to be exported and used in Google Earth for 3D flight analyses. Because the GPS tracking device is so versatile, it can easily service multiple fleet industries, or just a single person. With device side geo-fencing, users can create a geo-fence for each asset and notifications can be sent to SkyRouter every time an asset leaves or enters a specific geo-fence. Moreover, it is ultra-compact with a weight of just 7.8 ounces which makes it easy to move from asset to asset, or as a personal tracking device for use in remote areas. The GSM/Iridium HawkEyePT Plus (HEPT ) dual-mode device should be in Iridium only mode while in an operating aircraft. The FAA has specific policies regarding the use of cellular devices in aircraft. The pilot in charge is responsible for the implementation of these policies.
- Iridium satellite and GSM cellular (Dual-Mode)
- Utilizes New SkyRouter cloud-based web portal
- Touchscreen LCD user interface
- Supports two-way SMS and free-form messaging
- Guarded quick position (QPOS) button
- USB interface for charging
- Supports Bluetooth for device configuration
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Lightweight 7.8 ounces
- Small form-factor: 4.1” x 2.3” x 0.9”
- 1 Year warranty
- Dual-mode: pole-to-pole global Iridium satellite coverage
- Utilizes cost-effective GSM network
- New SkyRouter enables full featured fleet tracking and management of assets utilizing the dual-mode HawkEye PT Plus (HEPT )
- Portable aviation GPS – fits in the palm of your hand and can be carried onto any land, aviation, or marine asset
- Low power for long battery life – up to 1,600 reports on a single charge
- Two-way communication in remote areas without cellular coverage
- Easy to use resistive touchscreen
- Dimensions: 4.1″ x 2.3″ x 0.9″ (104 mm x 58 mm x 23 mm)
- Weight: ~7.8 ounces (221 g)
- Data/Power interface: USB and Bluetooth
- Display: Resistive touchscreen (can be used with gloves)
- Guarded QPOS push button
- Enclosure: Hard-anodized aluminum (EMI/EMC shielded)
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7VDC to 5.5VDC (standard USB)
- Battery: 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Sleep Mode: < 35uA in between reports
- Transmission Mode: 1.12mA-Hr per report
- Operating Temperature: 22°F to 158°F (30°C to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: < 75% RH
Connectivity & Available Plans
The HawkEye PT Plus (HEPT ) requires two data service plans: one for the Iridium satellite network, and one for GSM cellular.
Service Plan Pricing
Data Plans start at $29 per month.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.