The RockAIR is a truly global tracking and messaging device designed for use on the dashboard of light-aircraft, rotorcraft and land-based vehicles. It has built-in GSM, which allows it to use terrestrial mobile phone networks when possible, automatically switching to the global Iridium satellite network when GSM is not available.
It has quick access to alert features using the front panel, along with a comprehensive set of tracking, messaging and M2M/IoT features. The unit comes with a quick release mount to enable carry-on installation in seconds.
The RockAIR also allows short messages (like SMS and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) and the SkyRouter app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
The combination of GSM and Iridium provides a cost effective, and truly global, method of tracking and communicating with your assets, wherever they may be.
- Small form factor, with multiple mounting options
- Can be covertly mounted/positioned
- Will run on 9-30v external power supply
- Backup internal battery, for up to 2 weeks use
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters
- Truly global operation, using the Iridium satellite network
- Least cost routing option using GSM where possible
- Bluetooth LE for advanced messaging (requires Bluetooth LE compatible phone/tablet)
- External Switch Inputs to easy alerting from external sensors
- RS-232 serial input for M2M/IoT usage
- Always know where your fleet is from anywhere in the world
- Maintain communication with operation managers and family
- Switch between satellite and cellular communications for constant connectivity
- Monitor fuel and routes for more efficient and cost-effective operations
- Receive alerts when your asset enters restricted areas
- Easy installation
- Powered By: 9-30v input, USB or integrated backup battery
- Transmits Using: Iridium or GSM
- Size: 100mm x 119mm x 25mm
- Weight: 210 grams
- Installation: via quick release mounting clip
- Other Certifications: FCC & CE DO-160G
- Ideal For: Carry-on installation on aircraft and rotocraft; fixed/carry-on installation in land vehicles
- Search and Rescue
- Law Enforcement
- Disaster Response
- Aerial Agriculture
- Border Security
- General Aviation
Connectivity & Available Plans
The RockAIR requires a data service plan for tracking and messaging.
Service Plan Pricing
Data Plans start at $49 per month.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.