The Flightcell DZMx is the world’s only all-in-one satellite tracking and cellular solution for global voice, data, and aircraft tracking. It offers uninterrupted cellular/satellite hybrid tracking, and automatically switches to the best option for continuous tracking, messaging or voice communications. The device is equipped with Iridium PTT (Push-to-Talk), a global one-to-many voice capability that takes the traditional “walkie talkie” concept to a whole new level.
This flight communication system is easy to use, and boasts a backlit silicone keypad, miskey prevention guard, and a user-friendly LCD menu. Both the keypad and the LCD display have night-vision compliant back-lighting.
All of the device’s electronics are installed in one compact unit. There’s nothing else required in the avionics bay, and there’s minimal wiring, which means substantial savings on installation costs. With the inclusion of the optional remote head unit, full operational functionality is available from one or more remote locations on the aircraft.
The Flightcell DZMx is built to MILSPEC, designed to withstand extremes of temperature, vibration and impact. It has a super-strong machined alloy faceplate, extruded alloy housing, and is DO160G compliant. Proven in hostile physical environments such as Antarctica and the deserts of Iraq, the device is designed to resist the incursion of salt fog, water, sand, and dust, and meets IP53 and NEMA 3 requirements.
- USB plug-in port
- RS232, 432, 485, ARINC 429
- TNC GPS antenna connection
- D25 serial connectors (male and female)
- BNC satellite or cellphone antenna connection
- Ethernet and USB
- Uninterrupted satellite/cellular hybrid tracking
- Iridium PTT (Push-to-Talk)
- Night vision compliant (NVIS A & NVIS B)
- MILSPEC compliant
- DO160G compliant
- External SIM card access ports
- USB Plug-in Port
- Meets IP53 & NEMA 3 standards
- LCD Menu
- Backlit Keypad
- Miskey Prevention Convex keys for accurate gloved operation
- User-friendly interface
- Lower Installation Costs: The compact design of the Flightcell DZMx flight communication system allows for substantial savings on installation costs.
- Lower Operating Costs: Switching to low-cost cellular service when available saves money.
- Pole to Pole Satellite Coverage: The Iridium low latency global network is made up of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that provide coverage anywhere in the world.
- Input Voltage: 12 – 32VDC
- Power Supply Current: [email protected]
- ICS to DZM Audio Input Levels: 20mVrms to 1.12Vrms, adjustable / 775mVrms nominal
- ICS to DZM Audio Input Impedance: 600
- Microphone Bias Voltage: 12V via 2.2k
- DZM to ICS Audio Output levels: Up to 5Vrms, adjustable
- DZM to ICS Audio Output impedance: 150
- Backlighting Control: AC/DC, 0 – 32V / User calibrated High/Low set-points
- Backlight Color: Green 520nm. Designed for NVIS compliance
- GPS Antenna Bias Voltage: 5V
- GPS Antenna Current: Up to 100mA
- GPS Sensitivity: -162dBm (with Flightcell Antenna)
- GPS Time to first fix: 26s
- Materials: Aluminium 6061
- Mounting fasteners: DZUS or M5
- Main connector: 1 x D25 male plus 1 x D25 female or 1 x D38999 male (military versions)
- Antenna connectors: Transceivers: TNC / GPS: BNC
- Built To: IP54 (Civ), IP65 (Mil)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 70°C
Dimensions: DZUS MOUNT
- Faceplate Width: 5.75”
- Body Width: 4.96”
- Faceplate Height: 2.24”
- Body Height: 2.13”
- Depth (front to rear faces): 4.33”
Dimensions: GA MOUNT
- Faceplate Width: 6.22”
- Body Width: 4.96”
- Faceplate Height: 2.36”
- Weight: 580-720g (1.21-1.59 lbs) depending on configuration
- RS232: 3-wire serial port
- RS-485/422: 4-wire serial port
- USB-via D25 or D38999: DZMx is USB Host
- 10/100 Ethernet: Ethernet port
- General Purpose Inputs: 5 (3 x digital, 2 x analogue)
- General Purpose Outputs: 2 outputs
- Env.Cat [(A2)(B2)(F1)]BAB[UG]HXXXXXZZA[AC][SS]MXXXXXXXAC
Connectivity & Available Plans
The Flightcell DZMx requires a data service plan for tracking and messaging / communication. If a voice device is purchased, a voice service plan is also required for communications.
Service Plan Pricing
Data Plans start at $75 per month
Voice Plans start at $45 per month
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.