The HawkEye 5300 (HE5300) remote tracking device sets a new standard for land vehicle tracking and management. The satellite tracking equipment provides seamless switchable Iridium-GSM connectivity working together in one robust device. The flexibility of the 5300’s automatically switchable dual mode, helps ensure “always connected” 100% global visibility. The Iridium tracking device offers unparalleled configurability and convenience for real-time asset tracking in challenging environments and to work wherever you work. The Iridium constellation of 66 low-earth-orbiting (LEO) satellites is the only true global satellite communications network in the world capable of delivering essential voice and data services to and from remote regions including jungles, oceans, and airways where no other form of reliable communication exists. Key uses of the HawkEye 5300 (HE5300) satellite tracking devices include local and remote fleet operations, high-risk service fleet, high-value or hazardous cargo missions management, personnel transportation, service fleet management and heavy equipment monitoring.
- Geo-fencing: up to 10 zones per vehicle
- Position reporting by time & distance
- Conditional sleep and wake settings
- Configurable event and alert notifications
- Remote configuration over the network
- Built-in back up battery
- 4 Digital Inputs & 2 Outputs
- RS232 serial interface
- Pay-as-you-go Iridium data plans
- Seamless, switching GSM and Iridium coverage
- Two-way real time communication
- Flexibility to match your fleet requirements
- Remote web-based fleet monitoring
- Flexible sensor monitoring for complex applications
- Instant notification of vehicle operation after-hours or in unsafe zones
- Fleet Efficiency: Instant notification of asset location and other events that could impact your business. Track all assets in SkyRouter on one map or multiple maps, track each asset individually, plan efficient routes, and generate reports that can maximize asset efficiency.
- Pole-to-Pole Global Satellite Coverage: The Iridium low latency global network is made up of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that provide coverage anywhere in the world.
- Ensure Security and Safety: Quick Position (QPOS) button, two-way messaging, and e-mail allow drivers to instantly notify their command center of emergency situations or accidents. Notifications can be enabled every time a vehicle leaves or enters a specific geo-fence.
- Monitor Driver Behavior: Unique driver PIN identification for every driver. Monitor idling, speeding, erratic driving, entering unsafe zones, vehicle status, and trip detail remotely via SkyRouter.
- Reduce Asset Down Time: Device parameter configurations and firmware updates can be performed over the air without bringing the asset in for maintenance.
- Optimized Airtime and Usage: With dual-mode coverage users can obtain the benefits of GSM coverage and maintain connectivity via Iridium in remote and problematic cell coverage regions.
- Dimensions (mm): 203.14 x 128.29 x 40
- Weight (grams): < 454
- Iridium Satellite modem: 9602
- RS232 (RX/TX only): 1
- Accelerometer: 3D
- Included antennas: External Iridium and GPS dual channel
- Digital inputs 5 to 30 V: 4 ( 1 ignition) 3 inputs can be used to wake up the device (alarm mode)
- Digital outputs: 2 – open drain (max 350 mA)
- Main controller: Intel PXA 270 (312 MHz)
- Input Voltage Range: 8-30V
- Max Peaking Current: 2.0A
- Internal battery: Lithium Polymer 1300mA
- Diagnosis LED: 7
- Operating temperature: -20°C / 60°C
- Iridium/GPS antenna: SMA (f)
- IO’s serial ports: 18-pin Molex
- Power supply: Same as IO’s
- RAM: 32MB
- Flash memory: 32MB
Connectivity & Available Plans
The HawkEye 5300 (HE5300) requires two Data service plans: one for the Iridium satellite network, and one for GSM cellular.
Service Plan Pricing
Data Plans start at $29 per month
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.