A Comprehensive Tracking and Satellite Communications (SATCOM) System
Together, Blue Sky Network’s HawkEye 7200A aircraft tracker and HawkEye 100A control head form a state-of-the-art system for satellite tracking, voice communication, and two-way messaging from anywhere in the world.
Global Comms Coverage
Via the Iridium satellite network, this system transmits real-time location updates, detects in-flight anomalies, and transmits operational event notifications. Bluetooth capabilities in the cockpit allow for satellite voice communication and two-way messaging. Connect to a smartphone or tablet to use the HawkEye Link mobile application and make phone calls—literally—on the fly. Also send and receive emails, pre-configured short codes, and custom forms.
Tried and Tested
The HawkEye 7200A and 100A system meets the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) Global Aeronautical Distress Safety System (GADSS) hardware requirements for flight tracking and automated distress event reporting. The system also meets the contractual tracking requirements for the U.S. Forest Service, the Canadian Forest Service, and the United Nations.
Stay Connected At All Times
SkyRouter—Blue Sky Network’s advanced cloud-based web portal—brings another unrivaled quality to the HawkEye 7200A certified FAA flight tracker. Through SkyRouter, operators can easily view and manage aircraft communication at any location in the world at any given time. Maximizing the power of SkyRouter gives operators complete control and visibility of aircraft activity.
In the circumstance that aircraft communication has been defined by the operator as abnormal, SkyRouter will monitor these and route alerts locally and via SMS or email as instructed. With the occurrence of a distress event on the aircraft, while in flight, the operator will receive reports at an accelerated rate—everything is customizable at the discretion of the operator.
Light As Air, More Powerful Than Ever
Supported by Iridium’s powerful global network, the HawkEye 7200A weighs only one pound and boasts the most advanced technology on today’s market. Its high grade GNSS receiver incorporates GPS and GLONASS for double-level tracking with exceptional accuracy.
Blue Sky Network’s flexible firmware platform also allows for easy remote upgrades to onboard hardware as the evolution of performance based GADSS criteria changes. The unprecedented small form factor of the HawkEye 7200A was designed to allow the unit to replace the required #2 ELT (a pending ICAO proposal).
ICAO GADSS Qualifying Features:
- Normal tracking – optional settings set by aircraft operator
- Operator defined autonomous position reporting options based on time, location or events
ICAO Projected Abnormal Event Position Reporting:
- Ship power disconnected while in flight (with battery backup option)
- Variable advanced reporting geofences – different rates based on geofence
- Compound rules capability (e.g >20,000 ft and V/S > 5000 FPM
- Attitude deviations as defined by an Operator
- Over-the-air reset option by Operator
- Ping option by Operator
Additional Product Features:
- High grade GNSS receiver inside including GLONASS
- FAA- certified, AML STC
- ELT replaceable unit with same three wire cockpit controllability
- Over- the-air parameter changes
- Device side hosted geofences
- Over-the-air firmware upgrade option
- HE100A Accessory Option includes voice capability and Bluetooth connectivity to BSN iOS Apps for messaging and forms
- True Global Coverage – The Iridium global network of 66 low-earth-orbit (LEO) satellites offer faster connection times and true global coverage, so you know where your important assets are all of the time.
- QPOS Button – With a single press of the Quick Position Button (QPOS), you can quickly send an alert and position report to your contact list through SkyRouter.
- SkyRouter Command Center – The HawkEye 7200A communicates directly to SkyRouter, Blue Sky Network’s web portal—where you can track, communicate and manage all your assets.
- Advanced Device-Side Geo-Fencing – The device connects directly with SkyRouter, which supports advanced variable response (AVR) geo-fencing. It allows creating radius or polygonal fences, variable responses and alerts.
- Operating Temperature Range: -30 ºC to 70 ºC
- Operating Humidity: < 75 % Relative Humidity
- Storage Temperature: – 40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Storage Humidity: < 93 % Relative Humidity
- Certifications: RTCA/DO-160G, Section 4,6,8,10, 16, 17, 21, FAA-certified with AML STC, Iridium-certified
- Input Voltage Range: 10 – 32 VDC
- Input Power: (max) 15W
- Dimensions: 5.5” x 5.61” x 1.6”
- Weight: ~ 1 lb
- Iridium Connector Type: TNC (f)
- Iridium Antenna Frequency: 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
- Iridium Antenna Type: Passive
- GNSS Connector Type: SMA (f)
- GNSS Antenna Frequency: 1560 to 1606 MHz
- GNSS Antenna Type: Active
- GNSS Channels: GPS L1 C/A GLONASS L1
Connectivity & Available Plans
The HawkEye 7200A + HawkEye 100A requires an Iridium data service plan. A voice service plan is needed to enable voice on the HawkEye 100A.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.