How to manage your groups
Groups in SkyRouter3 are typically used to control Corporate User (sub-user) visibility to specific devices; they are also used to assign Alerts for specific devices. SkyRouter Groups are only visible on the SkyRouter Administrator Account.
Each device in the devices list shows a preview of the groups it is a member of. To configure and view your groups, go to Manage > Groups. Groups can be set to have the same device parameters. Your assets can be grouped in any configuration of your choosing.
Any User that is assigned to a valid SkyRouter Group will have visibility to any Devices that are assigned to that Group.
Any Alerts that are assigned to a Group will trigger for Events sent by any Devices that are assigned to that Group based on the Alert settings.
The figure below visually represents a group:
To Create a Group:
- Enter the Group Start Date and End Date
- Use the relevant links to add Users, Alerts and Devices to the group (note: a Group must contain at least one User, failure to add a user will result in an error)
- Enter any necessary comments
- Click Save
To Modify an Existing Group:
- Click the icon
- Modify the Group information, add or remove Users and Alerts from the Group by clicking the appropriate links.
- Click Save
To Delete a Group:
- If you want to delete a Group (that has not expired) from your list, click the icon.
A Group which is created with no defined End Date will never expire. Specifying an End Date on a Group will cause the Group to expire on that date, this can be helpful if you only wish to provide time-based access for specific Users to specific Devices.
SkyRouter Administrators and affected SkyRouter Users are notified about Group Expirations by a Group Expiration Email. Group Expiration Emails are sent to the personal email address (Settings > Contact Info) of Administrators and Sub-Users on the following schedule:
- 7 days in advance of the Group expiration
- 3 days in advance of the Group expiration
- When the Group expires