The Iridium Edge® is a ready-to-go, reliable satellite communications device that expands connectivity beyond cellular limits for 100% global IoT coverage.Fast time-to-market is a critical component in today’s highly competitive communications environment. Iridium Edge is a satellite add-on enabling dual-mode capability and reducing the cost, uncertainties, and complications associated with hardware development, manufacture, and certification of the satellite-specific terminal.
- Hardware-ready device for simple, low-risk integration
- Low-cost device for affordable customer adoption
- Satellite add-on for truly global coverage
- Ready to install for quick time-to-market
- Robust power supply for industrial installations
- Certified in key geographic markets
- 180° line of sight for compromised, partially blocked locations
- Iridium Short Burst Data® (SBD®) modem for Iridium’s superior network advantages
- Frequency: 1616 – 1626.5 MHz
- Message Size: 270 bytes (receive), 340 bytes (transmit)
- SBD Transceiver: Iridium 9602N
- Antenna: Integrated Iridium® certified antenna
- Dimensions: 5.12 in (L) x 3.15 in (W) x 1.18 in (H)
- Ingress Protection: IP 67
- Side and bottom cable exits
- Connector: M12-8 pin male, terminated on 20cm pigtail cable
- Installation Options: Pole, screw, tape
- RS232 AT command interface
- On/off control lines
- Power Supply: ( 9-32V), SAE J1455 load dump protected
- Maximum Power: 1.6W (peak for short transmit burst)
- Low Power Modes: < 200uA
- Reverse polarity protection
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to 185°F
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°F to 185°F
- Vibration: SAE J1455, Section 4.10
- Iridium® Satellite Network certification
- RoHS compliant
- FCC, IC, CE, Australia, South Africa, and Brazil approvals
Questions? Contact Us
Blue Sky Network is ready to help ensure you are able to connect reliably and with confidence. Have questions about how our solutions can help meet your connectivity needs? Contact us today
Purpose built for these key industries
We offer reliable, custom-design solutions powered by the world’s most advanced network to solve any connectivity challenge across land, sea, and air.
- Manage uncrewed mining systems, including autonomous mining vehicles, drilling equipment, and haulage.
- Oil & Gas
- Conducting projects in the field, monitoring coastline operations, or conducting marine research, track and manage your uncrewed assets for visibility and safety.
- Renewable Energy
- Drive meaningful action in reaching global net zero goals by tracking and monitoring electric vehicles, building automations, and solar, wind, and energy storage.
- Maintain real-time insights while remotely conducting powerline and pipeline surveillance and managing plant performance.
- Advanced connectivity and real-time fleet tracking for efficient, more productive train and locomotive fleet services.
Communication solutions that enable safe, efficient, and on-time cargo deliveries to last-mile destinations and support all land transportation operations.
- Fishing & Workboat
Advanced connectivity for optimal fishing production & increased safety at sea
- Merchant Shipping
- Enable real-time vessel tracking, enhanced crew and cargo safety, and heightened productivity, from port to final destination.
The Blue Sky Network Advantage
Unprecedented Global Coverage
World-class solutions powered by Iridium’s cutting-edge satellite infrastructure deliver seamless connectivity and total asset visibility, no matter how far off the beaten path your operations take you.
Trusted industry experts
Global, solutions-driven team leveraging deep industry expertise to engineer advanced solutions trusted by governments, NGOs, and blue chip companies to connect, track, and secure their most valuable assets.
Intuitive, all-in-one solutions
Small form factor hardware and innovative cloud-based software are custom-designed and packaged to offer real-time communications and insightful analytics for your precise operational, device, network, and app needs.